Freedom is the pleasure of doing what you want, which is most fully achieved in state of mindcoolness, a state wherein intellectual, emotional, and spiritual strength (reason, tranquility, and awareness) prevail.
Dominic Reichl, the author of Mindcoolness, writes about four main topics:
- Life, Truth, Reality
- Brain, Mind, Cognition
- The Good, Useful, Valuable
- Personal Development, Masculinity
For a quick introduction, I highly recommend you to read the Glossary, which contains the essence of most ideas discussed on this blog.
Above all, this blog is a public meditation on interesting ideas. Some ideas are also useful, others might be stupid—sorry for that. I encourage you to point out any folly, error, or bias you find on these pages, although inconsistencies may merely represent changes in perspective associated with different phases in my personal and philosophical development.
- Professionally, I am a data scientist, specialized in developing artificial intelligence for computer vision via deep learning (officially since 2019).
- Academically, I am a cognitive scientist (officially since 2016) and philosopher (officially since 2013).
- Privately, I am a strength athlete (since 2010) and martial artist (since 2012), training primarily Brazilian jiu-jitsu.
- Spiritually, I am a fraud failing to retain a state of mindcoolness as proven, eo ipso, by this ego-laden description of myself.
If you enjoy my writings, please subscribe to my newsletter: