In his unpublished manuscripts, Nietzsche wrote:
sieh hinaus! sieh nicht zurück!
man geht zugrunde,
wenn man immer zu den Gründen geht
This exhortation translates roughly to: “look forward! look not back! one perishes if one always reverts to the reasons.” It’s an invocation of mindcoolness:
- Let your Will not be thwarted by overconsideration.
- Quiet your mind and march forth, undeterred by overthinking.
For reconsideration disempowers the Will, replacing vigor with doubt, replacing How with Why. Thus Crowley declared:
May Because be accursèd for ever!
If Will stops and cries Why, invoking Because, then Will stops & does nought.
If Power asks why, then is Power weakness.
To follow your True Will, you must act bold and determined:
- You decide, then you stay true to your decision.
- You think, then you act and never think again.
- You do not worry or hesistate.
- You follow your Will wherever it may lead you.
Insecure people are trapped in overdoubting minds; they do not walk the path to mindcoolness—for mindcoolness knows no reason why.
Crucify relentlessly whatever thoughts prevent you from taking action!
And let the seasons rule over you. In the spring of your soul, you take action and never ask why—you plant the seeds of wisdom. In the autumn of your soul, you reflect and come to know thyself—you harvest life experience. The less you cry why in summer, the richer wisdom your winter will yield.